Field Operations Project Manager
Serve customers by managing the installation and service needs of ENTOUCH systems and products.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in an engineering or an HVAC discipline (Preferred)
- Three to five years of relevant Field Operations Project Management experience
- Understanding of commercial HVAC systems or other low voltage systems, their installation, and their controls
- Thorough understanding of electronic controls for HVAC equipment
- Familiarity with basic electrical systems
- Very high attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all costs of installation and subcontracting for assigned projects. Coordinate resources to insure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Effectively communicate financial and physical project status to management and customers. Manage and provide documentation for project management including correspondence, requests for information and timelines.
- Coordinate equipment start-up and site commissioning with installation team (either sub-contractor or ENTOUCH employee) using tools provided to ensure highest quality of installation completion. Ensure job completion documentation is completed and seamless transition to service is achieved. After hours work and out-of-town trips are necessary.
- Provide detailed scope of work and instructions to installers and subcontractors. Verify understanding of project expectations. Ensure appropriate product training is available / implemented for skill gaps with both in-house or subcontractor staff to enable proper installation of ENTOUCH products.
- Routinely walk job sites to ensure quality installation of products. Proactively evaluate potential problems on the jobsite and initiate action to limit negative outcomes. Use negotiation skills to consistently resolve disputes without the need for escalation.
- Provide estimates or negotiate work outside original scope. Reviews customer’s systems during installation and indicate opportunities for improvement resulting in value-added change orders. Pursue, secure, and close installation and/or change orders for equitable adjustments to contracts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, subcontractors, and ENTOUCH employees. Communicate recommendations and specifications relative to installation.
- Work with the Director of Field Operations on project cost estimates. Develop and administer subcontractor request for proposal and evaluates responses. Based on assessment, develops project execution plan and project schedule in accordance with plans and specifications. Verify with customer that expectations will be met or exceeded through execution of plan.
- Provide feedback to engineering and production relative to product and/or process quality issues.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires travel up to 75%. This position requires working in all environmental conditions. Workdays are spent both indoors and outdoors, with some exposure to dust, insulation, noise, and heat or cold. After hours work and out-of-town trips are necessary. Must be available to cover on-call requirements for installation commissioning and service trouble-shooting.
About the company:
Founded in Richardson, Texas in 2008, ENTOUCH is a technology company that provides industry-leading smart building solutions and managed services to multi-site companies across North America. Our integrated, cloud-based software and technology, combined with 24/7 advisory services, render a 360° view of any facility ecosystem, fueling real-time decisions that reduce energy consumption, improve operational efficiency and extend the useful life of critical equipment.
ENTOUCH is always looking for Rock Stars
Thank you for your interest in ENTOUCH – the leader in Smart Building Solutions.
We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and qualifications in the smart building space to email@example.com.
We are always looking for rock stars!