ENTOUCH Respects Your Privacy
This Privacy Statement for ENTOUCH Products and Services (“Privacy Statement”) describes information that ENTOUCH Controls, Inc. (“ENTOUCH”) collects, uses, shares, and stores, including personal information (i.e., information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other data that can be reasonably used to infer this information).
This document focuses on information related to the operation of ENTOUCH Products and Services, including our Web Portals, Mobile Apps, and Subscription Services.
- We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide ENTOUCH Products and Services.
- We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the ENTOUCH Products from unauthorized access.
By using ENTOUCH Products, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Setup information you provide:
When you go to the ENTOUCH Portal after installing an ENTOUCH Product, you’ll be asked to create your facility and several questions in order to help us create an initial program of temperature settings that will keep you comfortable.
Environmental data from ENTOUCH Products:
We collect data from several sensors built into the ENTOUCH Products. These sensors collect data such as temperature, humidity, and energy usage.
Direct adjustments to the device:
If you change settings like temperature on the ENTOUCH Thermostat, it records and sends that information to the ENTOUCH cloud for presentation on the portal.
Heating and cooling usage information:
Every time your system turns on and off, ENTOUCH records the time and duration during which your system was on in order to offer you features such as usage history.
Technical information from the device:
In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the ENTOUCH Thermostat, we record your ENTOUCH Thermostat model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as network settings.
What information is shared among multiple connected ENTOUCH Products?
If you have multiple ENTOUCH Products interfacing with one another, the products will share certain information with each other, such as temperature data, sensor data, energy data, lighting data, and related alarms. This sharing occurs locally among connected devices and ultimately with the ENTOUCH cloud servers to make the data available on the ENTOUCH Portal and Mobile App.
How does my ENTOUCH Product or account interact with third parties?
No data is shared with any third party without your permission. ENTOUCH requires your consent before sharing information with any third party.
Any data that ENTOUCH receives from third-parties will be processed and stored by ENTOUCH and will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Statement. For example, any weather data obtained from a third party based on your Zip Code.
What additional information does ENTOUCH collect and store when a user connects an ENTOUCH Product to the Internet or creates an account?
Wi-Fi Network Information:
To connect your ENTOUCH Product to our Services, you may need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. During setup, the ENTOUCH Product will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with ENTOUCH servers and download software updates.
Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your ENTOUCH Product regularly sends the data described in this Privacy Statement (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to ENTOUCH to provide you with the Services.
When you create an ENTOUCH account, we collect and store your email address. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from ENTOUCH.
Basic Profile Information:
Your account allows you to provide certain basic profile information like your name and phone number.
Remember that when you visit our Portal, we routinely record access log entries (including information such as your IP address) and technical information (such as your browser type and version) when your browser, mobile device or ENTOUCH Product contacts our servers.
How does ENTOUCH use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve ENTOUCH Products and services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products, safety, or energy use. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your ENTOUCH use, and to send you other communications from ENTOUCH.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your network and through the Internet to our servers.
In what circumstances does ENTOUCH share my information?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of ENTOUCH Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
– With your consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you invite another user to access the Products on your account as an additional authorized user.
– For external processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These technicians (as well as ENTOUCH employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-ENTOUCH purposes.
– As part of business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
– For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, we may disclose information in response to legal process and we may disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities in the United States and other countries for the purposes of law enforcement and national security.
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about energy use in the facility. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the ENTOUCH community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system.
What choices do I have and how can I delete my personal information?
ENTOUCH stores your personal information on ENTOUCH servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain an ENTOUCH customer in order to provide you with ENTOUCH Products and Services.
As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the ENTOUCH device. All personal information is encrypted as it is transmitted to ENTOUCH and cannot easily be accessed.
You can delete the information on the ENTOUCH device by resetting it to the defaults (using Reset in the Settings menu).
You can access, amend or delete your personal information from the ENTOUCH Portal through the controls in your Account section. Because of the way we maintain certain Services, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Can the Privacy Statement be changed?
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
How can I contact ENTOUCH?
ENTOUCH Controls, Inc.
661 N Plano Rd, Suite 323
Richardson, TX 75081 USA